Human Resources Advisor – La Paz, Bolivia
New Pacific Metals Corp. is hiring for a highly motivated Human Resources Advisor to join our growing La Paz office in Bolivia. Reporting functionally to the HR Manager in NUAG Vancouver office and administratively to the Country Manager in La Paz, this generalist role will be responsible for the management of various HR functions regionally in Bolivia and South America. The HR Advisor will act as a front line HR representative for the delivery of programs and services to the South America team and communicate regularly with the Vancouver head office to ensure the consistent corporate practices and processes.
· Work with the HR Manager and La Paz team to design and implement regional candidate sourcing and selection strategies
· Responsible for full-cycle recruitment for all regional positions including drafting job descriptions, posting positions, screening resumes, administering applicable testing, conduct interviews, educating and guiding hiring managers on the process, completing pre-employment checks, and preparing offer letters and coordinating with subsidiary companies to arrange consulting agreements if applicable
· Work with the team to design and implement an effective and appropriate onboarding program according to the local norms and corporate standards; conduct new hire onboarding and orientation sessions
· Conduct regional total compensation benchmarking and provide total rewards recommendations to management, i.e. salary structure recommendations, benefits packages including mandatory bonuses and pensions; manage and administer the programs after implementation
· Work closely with the operations and technical services teams to develop various manuals including safety and environmental manuals etc.
· Design and conduct monthly employee health & safety surveys and submit reports for management review
· Work with the HR team to develop regional employee handbook and various HR and office policies and processes; research and recommend best employee/labour relations practices
· Partner with HR Manager and management team to design performance appraisal systems to include KPI measurements; manage the program after implementation
· Liaise with subsidiary Alcira regarding employment offers, consulting agreements, payroll and benefits, paid time off management, and expenses allocations etc.
· Liaise with Pan American regarding best HR practices
· Complete internal and external reporting requirements and present to management team
· Support the CSR team as needed
· Perform other duties as required
· Minimum 3 years of HR experience in a generalist capacity
· Undergraduate education in Business, Commerce or equivalent
· Excellent human relations, customer service and interpersonal skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to accuracy, detail, and ability to work under pressure with strict deadlines
· Highly adaptable to ever changing high-demand work environment and able to juggle different priorities and multiple demands
· Able to manage confidential matters in a discreet manger
· Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment
· Technically savvy with strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite) with experience working with ATS/HRIS
· English and Spanish fluency and experience working in Latin America
Additional Desired Qualifications:
· Mining and/or mineral exploration industry experience considered an asset
· Experience with government and community relations and other corporate social responsibility matters considered a strong asset
Job Demands/Physical Requirements:
· This position will be based in La Paz office with occasional travels to our Silver Sand Project in Betanzos and other destinations as needed
· Ability via mobile device outside of regular office hours to accommodate different time zones
New Pacific offers a competitive remuneration package and opportunities within a dynamic international mining exploration company. If this role sounds like a good fit, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We thank all candidates in advance. While only qualified candidates will be contacted, be sure to check our website periodically for other suitable openings.
About New Pacific Metals
New Pacific Metals is exploring and developing precious and base metals properties in South America, Canada and China. Our flagship property is the Silver Sand project in the Potosí Department of Bolivia.
Our largest shareholders are Silvercorp Metals Inc. (TSX: SVM), the largest primary silver producer in China, and Pan American Silver Corp. (TSX: PAAS), one of the world’s largest primary silver producers, which operates six mines, including the San Vicente mine located in the Potosí Department of Bolivia.